Greens have announced a 5 point plan to legalise cannabis in Australia.
The Greens claim this will raise $4.4 Billion over the estimates period.
The Greens claim their plan to legalise cannabis will:
- Allow growth of up to six plants at home for personal use for people aged
- Establish an Australian Cannabis Agency to issue licenses for production
and sale, and to act as the single wholesaler.
- Establish cannabis retail shops where products of known quality will be sold in
plain packaging to people over the age of 18.
- Ban advertising of cannabis products.
- Impose penalties for the unlicensed sale of cannabis.
Policy link [pdf]